Covid 19 Update
PGC – COVID-19 UPDATE 3
PGC Club Council wishes to share the following important 3rd update regarding COVID-19 and its impact on our Golf Club.
Following on from the latest information from the First Minister of Wales, we are able to confirm that with effect from Monday 1st June 2020 members of PGC are able to play golf with a member of PGC from outside their own household as long as social distancing is observed:
The following groupings are allowed when playing golf and when travel is ‘local’:
• Individuals playing golf on their own.
• Two balls: Two players from one household Two players from different households
Groups of three or four-balls is permitted in the following forms;
• Three balls: Three players from one household Two players from one household with one from another household
• Four balls: Four players from one household, Two players from one household with two from another household , One player from one household and three from another household
Physical distancing guidelines and industry guidelines must be adhered to before, during, and after the round.
We have therefore opened the BRS system to accommodate this welcome change, and from Monday we will allow members to book and play together whilst still observing social distancing. Please see the latest guidelines here https://www.walesgolf.org/wpcontent/uploads/2020/05/Version-5-Wales-Golf-Government-and-Industry-Guidence-forBack2Golf.pdf
Could we please request that the names of each individual member is shown in the booking, and it is not displayed as “member with”. Members who are putting their names against an existing booking, please ensure that the original booking is happy to play as a two, three or four ball.
Also, can we again request that where two previous single bookings have joined as a two ball one of the original bookings is then removed to free up these valuable slots.
Please arrive ten to fifteen minutes before your allotted tee-time, change in the car park and at all times comply with the social distancing rules and the normal course etiquette. Physical distancing guidelines and industry guidelines must be adhered to before, during, and after the round. Congregating outside of two household groups is an offence under the new regulations.
Happy golfing and many thanks to our members who for the first two weeks behaved impeccably and were a credit to the Golf Club.
We are most disappointed for the members that are still not permitted to travel to play golf at PGC; we thank you both for your patience and continued support.
As long as we comply with the latest regulations, we are now able to open the practice grounds and practice putting green from Monday 1st June, with the following requirements:
• Maximum of 2 people on the small practice ground at one time.
• Maximum of 3 people on the large practice ground at one time.
• All practice golf balls must be marked individually.
• Please do not handle your golf balls before practice without gloves on.
• Please do not pick balls up without gloves. Recommendation is to use a tube or a golf club to pick balls up.
• Please adhere to the social distancing guidelines.
On behalf of us all, a massive thank you those who volunteered their time last Thursday to help out with the bunkers. It was a great turnout given the conditions and we thank you all, it really did make a massive difference and shows what a member’s club is all about.