Covid 19 Update
PGC club council wishes to share the following important 2nd update regarding COVID-19 and its impact on our Golf Club.
The Welsh government has this week announced that golf will be a permitted sport in a casual format. We have implemented, so far as possible the guidelines from the Golf Union of Wales, The Welsh Government and The R&A.
We are pleased to inform members that Prestatyn Golf Club will be due to reopen with effect from Monday 18th May. The following measures will be introduced which will allow Prestatyn members to play in a format of singles or pairs from the same household: In Advance of Play • If you are ill or have symptoms, stay at home. • Only members with a pre-booked tee time can travel to the golf club. • Government guidelines on travel restrictions to be applied. Second Club Members would be expected to play at their local club under the government travel restriction guidelines.
• Tee Time Bookings to be made from midday 15th May through https://members.brsgolf.com/prestatyn/login, the BRS app or through the club shop when open, the office, when open and through match and handicap when available. Please try and book online. If you are unsure of how to book in online, please see the guidelines at the end of this document.
• Office 01745 854320/07584 653405 or
• phone/text the M&H Team – 07933 818378
• A single Tee Time Booking can be made a maximum of six days in advance.
• Wash your hands and golf equipment before leaving home.
• All golfers are advised to carry their own hand sanitiser in their golf bags and use regularly.
• Travel to the golf course on your own or with members of your own household only.
• Players should arrive at the club no earlier than 15 mins before their tee off time. 2
• Players should print off or have email confirmation on their person that a booking has been made.
• Single ball format or two members from the same household only.
• Each player should play no more than one ball as their approach to a green.
• 1 st Tee starting point only with 8 minutes intervals from 8am – 6pm. • All golfers should arrive dressed for golf and to change shoes in the car park.
• Players will be asked to collect their trolley from storage to take home for future use.
• Players to use their own buggies. One player per buggy. Club buggies not available unless otherwise approved by PGC
• For the time being, all practice facilities including putting green not in use. However, this will be monitored and is ongoing
• Social distancing must be adhered to at all times in accordance with the advice given by our governing bodies.
• Please note the use of the course is at your own risk. Play on Course
• Social distancing must always be adhered to in accordance with the advice given by our governing bodies.
• Players should arrive at the 1st tee no earlier than five minutes before their tee time.
• Player must stick to the course layout
• Do not enter teeing ground until it is cleared by the group in front
• Players must maintain their position in relation to those playing in front
• All bunkers rakes will be removed for the foreseeable future with members being able to lift and place in the bunker
• Ball washers will be removed, and the water fountain disconnected
• The flag must always be left in the hole (to avoid unnecessary contact with it) 3
• Players must leave the club immediately following play to avoid gatherings Clubhouse limited use (until further notice):
• Bar and catering – closed
• Men’s Locker Room – No more than two players at any one time and not to be used as changing facilities. Locker rooms/toilets will be accessible and sanitised regularly; but we ask that you minimise your use of these facilities where possible.
• Ladies’ Locker Room – No more than two players at any one time and not to be used as changing facilities. Locker rooms/toilets will be accessible and sanitised regularly; but we ask that you minimise your use of these facilities where possible.
• The Lounge, Dining Room – closed
• Club shop- open at the discretion of John and Jackie under Welsh guidelines the shop will be open for registration and to receive payments for purchases – payment by card only (no Cash). There will be a strict one-way system within the shop. Enter through one door and leave through the other. A maximum of two people in the shop at any one time. Management and Golf Operations (until further notice):
• Office will be skeleton staffed subject to procedures put in place (members should refrain from entering unless it’s an emergency)
• Greens staff will do their best to prepare the course as normal but we are currently down to two greenkeepers which is way short of where we need to be. Warning:
We have been advised by Wales Golf that these are the conditions under which the club may reopen Failure on the club’s part may result in closure once again. Any member deliberately failing to adhere to the conditions stipulated will face immediate suspension from the club and will be subject to a disciplinary hearing.
It is our intention to continue to operate under these conditions until advised otherwise by our governing bodies. We are monitoring daily Government advice and inevitably circumstances will change. Our number 4 one priority is the health and welfare of all members, staff and guests and it is imperative that all individuals follow the Government guidance on ‘Social Distancing’ and ‘Self Isolation’.
Thank you for your continued co-operation in what are unprecedented times Booking in Guidelines Despite our previous email we have established only a small number of members have registered to book social golf tee-times via the BRS system. For those that have not undertaken this task please can you do so as soon as possible. I outline below the process to register for online booking:
You will need your numeric username – if you do not have this it can be found on your ClubV1 Account recorded as your “Rec No.”; alternatively you can email [email protected] or contact M&H 07933 818378 to assist with the process – registration instructions as outlined: · Access www.prestayngolfclub.co.uk website · Select the Menu Bar (top right-hand side) ·
Select Members Booking · Select Sign Up · Input your details as requested. Once you have submitted your successful registration the Club Office will then get notification to verify – please note this could take up to 24 hours – when this action is completed you will then receive an email to confirm registration.
Once registered to book online you can select Members Booking on Prestatyn Golf Club website or via the direct link https://members.brsgolf.com/prestatyn/login. Additionally, you can download the BRS app to access online booking. IF YOUR NAME IS NOT ON THE DAILY TEE-SHEET YOU WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO PLAY THE COURSE – thus the importance to register as we certainly want to avoid disappointment PGC.